Tuesday, August 2, 2016

My Blue Prayer

My Blue Prayer

by Seah Greenhorn
(poem with copyright)




Blue

I felt through endless days
of sunny skies.

Smiles hid not
the constant strain of suppressing
mild/increasing pain

of heart.

The darkness deep inside
did impart

evenings endless of sadistic art.
Gloriously tragic to expound.
But not to live.

The canvas splayed with muted hues
of anguish

due to life's choices.

I sat imbued with memories
washed with tears anew.

The frequent bouts
I wished were few and far between
as sprinklings of dew

to refresh

not to enmesh with substance like suet
for stewing in guilt and roasting in slow and twisted turns.

I did not earn this spot as gilt
to burn

spit-roasting
for others to discern:
the consequences of my
varied errors.

Lessons to ignite the young to learn.

Wish I might the heat to end!

A friend to lend a sincere ear
and bend to extend a helpful hand.

This I thought;
then heard a knock.

Standing there in awkward shock
I saw a little girl.

She held a box of color blue.

Inside she said:
"A gift for you!

I hope you like the book.
It gives me hope."

This girl of three or maybe two?

"A future bright and endless,"
said her mother.

"The Bible
is really worth

a careful
view."

Was this the answer to my non-existent prayer?

Were they sent to me to share?

That night I sat upon my chair
astonished that someone seemed to care enough
to come my way

through a drizzling cold rain.

Thus I began
my search for

You.

I appreciate your love.

I sincerely do!







No comments:

Post a Comment