Friday, March 25, 2016

Let Me Lay




  •  
    Messages

   

Let Me Lay

by Seah Greenhorn ... poem with copyright

Once dignified and regal
yet in knees buckled beneath
in this moment...

Relief.

Let me lay

My head resting
on enemy soil I once trusted
to gallantly convey me forward
must stay--for just a moment. Please.

Your kneeling presence--
Perhaps in prayer
a soothing comfort,
a sympathetic share.

Though my tired eyes I close
they do thank you.

My beloved guard
your stance to me a pronouncement:

You're not dead. Not by far. By the time
this glorious sun has totally risen
your beautiful hind will have resumed
your elegant position.

In your belief I will again
proudly gallop
by your majestic side.

Grateful I am for the love
of loyal family and friends.

I'll cherish these to a future end.

http://img12.deviantart.net/ff30/i/2012/087/5/5/a_sad_day___plus__psd_file_by_pshoudini-d4u88zh.jpg

Seah Greenhorn: Rate your comments to give the commentor points

Each heart after the first costs you and awards them 10 points. You have 1,525 points. Points help?

No comments:

Post a Comment