Thursday, May 12, 2016

I'd Rue the Day

I'd Rue the Day
 
by Seah Greenhorn
(poem with copyright)
 
 
 
 
Wearing not a crown or royalty,
not a ruler of government be,
yet, my future would still prove bleak

If I didn't choose
His Sovereignty.

I'd Rue the Day

when prophecy
foretold this future
for humanity:

"In the days of those kings
the God of heaven
will set up a kingdom

that will never
be destroyed."

This government
righteousness employs.

"This kingdom will not
be passed on..."

This fact alone
causes hatred.

Causes scorn
since kings and queens
wear crowns to adorn

their heads
in rulership
elected
or born.

"It"
God's Kingdom
"will crush"

"put an end
to all these kingdoms"
competing against His
today.

"And it Alone
Will Stand
Forever."

Yes.
God's Government
Will Forever Stay.

If I choose not
to Kiss the Son--
The Christ

The Creator's
appointed King

Sing his praises
My life in harmony bring

I will Forever

Rue the Day.

For Eternal Life
on Earth or Heaven
would end in eternal death.

No Precious Life
to enjoy
joy and peace.

No more breath
for continued daily living
in opposition

Given.

No comments:

Post a Comment