Wednesday, March 28, 2018

This Day


This Day (1st draft)

Greeks
who to the Jewish festival came
for worship
did Jesus seek

requested Philip, telling Andrew informing Jesus
who "answered them:

“The hour has come for the Son of man to be glorified." John 12:20-23.

To fulfill his Father's will
for him to die as "a grain of wheat"
which bears much fruit

after buried under soil
trampled by unworthy feet. vs. 24.

After conceding the designated time
Christ stated:

"Now I am troubled,

and what should I say?
Father, save me out of this hour.

Nevertheless,
this is why I have come to this hour.

Father, glorify your name.” vs. 27.

Although feeling stressed
agitated
his power weak

empowering

his Father's next words
onlookers thought: thunder

when Jah Jehovah
did from heaven
approvingly speak:

“I have glorified it
and will glorify it again.” vss. 28, 29.

Speculated
an angel spoke.

But Jesus said as vss. 30-32 we quote:

“This voice has occurred,
not for my sake,

but for your sakes.

Now there is a judging of this world;

now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

And yet I,
if I am lifted up from the earth,

will draw all sorts of men to myself.”

But skepticism remained
as wicked crowds did then claim:

“We heard from the Law that the Christ remains forever.

How can you say that the Son of man must be lifted up?
Who is this Son of man?” vs. 34.

Although just earlier
Greeks sought Christ to him implore
of salvation to gain.

Appreciative they were.
Although, Christ in purpose
was from them detained.


Yes, a light among them
readily, daily did shine.

But many of them
were not 'righteously inclined'.

However, Jesus himself did them
to even us today, in earnestness did remind:

“The light will be among you a little while longer.

Walk while you still have the light,
so that darkness does not overpower you;

whoever walks in the darkness does not know where he is going. 

While you have the light,
exercise faith in the light,
so that you may become sons of light.” vs. 35, 35.

Then off from them
he went and hid

"Although he had performed so many signs before them,
they were not putting faith in him".

For Isaiah of them prophesied:

“He has blinded their eyes and has made their hearts hard, so that they would not see with their eyes and understand with their hearts and turn around and I heal them.” {vss. 36-40.)

Jehovah did not them call
to do his bid. For did not Jesus himself say:

"No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him,

and I will resurrect him on the last day.

It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by Jehovah.’

Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned comes to me.

Not that any man has seen the Father,
except the one who is from God;

this one has seen the Father.

Most truly I say to you,
whoever believes
has everlasting life." John 6:44-47.

Although, sadly, "many even of the rulers actually put faith in him,

but they would not acknowledge him because of the Pharisees,
so that they would not be expelled from the synagogue;

for they loved the glory of men even more than the glory of God." vss. 42, 43.

So again this day Christ for all his disciples
did pray:

“I make request, not concerning these only,
but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word,

so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you,

that they also may be in union with us,
so that the world may believe that you sent me."

"So that the world may know that you sent me and that you loved them just as you loved me."

"I have made your name known to them and will make it known,

so that the love with which you loved me
may be in them

and I in union with them.” John 17:20-26.

Yes, from this day each day,
"let us also throw off every weight and the sin that easily entangles us,

and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus." Hebrews 12:1, 2.

Who looked intently at His Reward.
Who has it attained.
Who is already enthroned... 

THIS DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment