Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Model For Me to Follow


A Model For Me To Follow (Contest: A Tribute to My Hero) restructured


Before the starry heavens
and even before any sky
I imagined, at first wistfully,
in my imperfect mind's eye

the two of them together.

Billions of years of familial bonding.

Tragically, honestly,
my eyes flooded
with tears to cry

picturing this "only-begotton son,"
"a first-born of all creation"
with his Almighty Heavenly Father

bathed in majestic celestial light,
in contrast to Satan's darkness which now is an international blight.

Me, living life in contained misery.
Comatose my plight.
A daughter without her own dad.
Unveiled an envy too ugly to internally hold,
although, horrified for this emotion any onlookers to behold.

Buried years beneath in survival's silence.
Searching for comforting answers
her then-unknown goal.

I imagined their camaraderie,
their happiness
in creating the universe.
Eventually angels applauding
their collective lauding

as Jesus and Jehovah put finishing touches
on our marvelous beautiful earth.

Somehow dampened
my enthusiasm for this awesome favored son
I'm terribly saddened
to confess.

Since born into a world where love is covered over by materialism

valued more than brother
as your mark to true success.
I felt smothered by loneliness.

But as I pondered this Special Creation
beloved by Father; hated by races

His wonderful qualities
patiently
demonstrated
in imitation
of His Creator's
Holiness

I finally understood.

Appreciated this opportunity.

I began to feel really blessed.

How could I mistake there kindness
in offering me Eternal Life

to bond with them in uniting fondness
of ending bitterness and strife?


So now I bow my head
in trepidation
for my arrogant
audacity,
my ignorance,
my jealousy.

My unfounded
frustration.

My desire
today
is to cultivate
Jesus' utmost
Divine
Humility

And love for all people.

He's my Hero.
My Potentate.

No comments:

Post a Comment